While you were fighting the Monday blues, On 20 Feb, Whatsapp rolled out its latest feature called ‘Status’. Well, you may ask Whatsapp statuses have been around since the beginning of the popular personal messaging app. But, Whatsapp has just given a good news bro!
Now create Snapchat-like Stories on new Whatsapp ‘Status’
Facebook has been rolling out one update after another for the immensely popular instant messenger app WhatsApp over the past few months. While some updates were to improve the security and privacy, others have added new features to WhatsApp. The latest update that’s coming to Whatsapp is now rolling out globally, and could perhaps be the most radical new feature added to the app in a long time. This new update on Whatsapp is called Status.
Yeah, that’s right. After Instagram, now Facebook-owned Whatsapp will also have the same feature of self-destructing stories. Soon, when you’ll update your Whatsapp, you’ll be able to share photos, animated GIFs or videos overlaid with text, scribbles, doodles and even emojis which would be visible to friends you share it with, for 24 hours, before disappearing automatically.
Whatsapp CEO, Jan Koum, shared the good news in a blog post,
We are excited to announce that, coinciding with WhatsApp’s 8th birthday on February 24, we are reinventing the status feature. Starting today, we are rolling out an update to status, which allows you to share photos and videos with your friends and contacts on WhatsApp in an easy and secure way. Yes, even your status updates are end-to-end encrypted.
Earlier, Whatsapp statuses allowed only texts making it one of the most primitive features of the app. Now after 8 years since the first launch of the app, Whatsapp is replacing the old-school status to this brand new cool feature.
How to use Whatsapp Status to post Images, Videos & GIFs?
The new Whatsapp Status feature is no rocket science. You are already familiar with such feature on Snapchat and even Instagram. Here’s how you can use the new Whatsapp Status to share Images, Videos, GIFs and more with your friends.
- Firstly, Update Whatsapp to the latest version that includes the new Whatsapp Status features. If you are app isn’t updated, then may not use this cool new feature.
- After updating to the latest version of Whatsapp, go to the ‘Status’ in the top menu.
- You’ll will be welcomed with cool new screen as shown in the image above.
- Just click ‘Tap to Continue’.
- Now you can click images or record video for your new Whatsapp Status.
- This new features also supports doodles and emojis to make your stories fun and awesome.
- Share you cool new Whatsapp Status with your friends and Enjoy!!
Get all the latest good news about the new Whatsapp Status feature and more from the world of technology right into your inbox. Subscribe to the Good News Bro Newsletter now!